Coming Soon....

These are the recipes that are on the list to try this week:
Garlic Ham Rollups
Crockpot Fajitas
Mini Pot Pies
Caprese Bowls

If you would like to suggest a recipe for me to try and add to my blog, please add a comment!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Avocado Chicken Soup

I am not a soup person at all, but this soup was AMAZING! I even went back for seconds. And to add another layer of amazingness, it is a low fat recipe. 5 stars!

I did modify the recipe slightly. First, I used a small white onion instead of scallions. Also, after I shredded the chicken, I added it to the broth and let it simmer for an extra 10 minutes or so.

Recipe

Ingredients
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups shredded chicken breast
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-1/2 cups scallions, chopped fine
  • 2 ripe hass avocados
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fine
  • 4 lime wedges
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt + pepper to taste
  • pinch cumin
  • pinch chile powder

In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add 1 cup scallions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes and then add tomatoes and saute another minute, until soft. Add chicken stock, cumin, and chile powder and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered on low for 15-20 minutes.

In four bowls , fill each with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 avocado, remainder of scallions, and cilantro. Ladle 1 cup chicken broth over the chicken and serve with a lime wedge.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/chicken-and-avocado-soup.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment