Coming Soon....

These are the recipes that are on the list to try this week:
Garlic Ham Rollups
Crockpot Fajitas
Mini Pot Pies
Caprese Bowls

If you would like to suggest a recipe for me to try and add to my blog, please add a comment!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork


Is it really as amazing as it sounds??

YES!!!! I give this recipe 5 stars!

This recipe is courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com
So first, I didn't follow the recipe to a T --
I used a slow-cooker instead of the oven.
I did get "pork butt" but it came in the form of ribs and I only used 3 pounds instead of 5 because that was all that would fit in my slow-cooker.
After that, it was a piece of cake. I used half the can of peppers and omitted the brown sugar.
I served the shredded pork on small tortillas with fresh cilantro, black beans, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. They were not only delicious the first night, but they were great as leftovers!

RECIPE:

Ingredients
1 whole Large Onion
1 whole Pork Shoulder ("pork Butt") - 5 To 7 Pounds
Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 can (11 Ounce) Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
2 cans Dr. Pepper
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

Instructions
*Cut the onion into small chunks and place in the bottom of the slow-cooker
*Salt and Pepper the pork and place it on top of the onions
*Pour the can of peppers over the pork (CAUTION: If you are a weenie when it comes to spice, only use half the can)
*Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork
*(Optional) sprinkle brown sugar over the top
*Cook on low for 6 hours turning the pork every couple hours
*Shred the meat and serve as you choose


Recipe website:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/spicy-dr-pepper-shredded-pork/

No comments:

Post a Comment